Although not as exciting as reduction, oxidation has its areas of magic. I favor alkaline glazes with things like lithium, petalite, barium etc for oxidation.
- A white glaze
- A green glaze which I usually use over oxide decoration
- A blue glaze
- A clear glaze which is used either on cobalt decoration or over cobalt and scraffito
- A clear glaze in conjunction with another glaze
- My “barium blue” glaze is a strong turquoise which I never put onto eating surfaces
- Glass or “cullet” is great for playing with although it runs off vertical surfaces.
- My only real success with glass has been “amstel bottle tiles” these come in various sizes and some with relief designs